Diamonds are alluring gemstones that are known for their exceptional sparkle. It is the hardest and most durable gemstone on earth made of carbon. When it comes to jewellery, diamonds stand apart from others with their incredible shine and beauty. But when selecting diamond bangles Chennai, you must look into the fundamentals like cut, colour, carat, and clarity (4Cs), which determine the stone’s worth. Out of the 4Cs, clarity is the one that will affect the price and appearance of the diamond. Keep reading to know everything about diamond clarity.
A Brief About Diamond Clarity
Diamonds are a concentrated form of carbon that takes millions of years to develop under the earth’s surface. They go through extreme pressure and heat, and naturally occurring diamonds contain imperfections or flaws. The imperfections have a variety of inclusions that are seen inside the diamond stone. They are also known as blemishes. You can find a perfect diamond without any blemish very rarely. But if you do, they are sure to be very expensive. Inclusions are like birthmarks that make the diamond stone unique. If you walk into reputed jewellery outlets for diamond bangles Chennai, the craftsmen will be able to show you the inclusions under 10x magnification.
Are you wondering what inclusion has got to do with clarity? It is a metric to determine the visual appearance of a diamond stone. Whenever you buy diamond bangles in Chennai, you must remember that their clarity grade depends on the flaws. If there are minimal flaws, then the clarity grade will be high. The clarity also influences the price of the diamond. A diamond with better clarity will be more expensive than the ones with low clarity even though they share the same carat, colour, and cut. Most of the time, inclusions are not visible to naked eyes. Key factors influencing a diamond’s clarity are:
- Quantity of inclusion
- Colour of inclusion
- Size of inclusion
Clarity may also vary by the degree of inclusion visibility, location, and orientation. When buying diamond bangles Chennai, professional gem graders analyse the diamonds under 10x magnification as the flaws are microscopic and inspect them in a face-up direction. When they do not find any inclusion or blemish visible on the top portion, they use loupes to analyse the size, position, and type of inclusion. Skilled graders use these inclusion details to classify the diamonds. The internal patterns in a diamond stone are unique, and no two stones have the same pattern. Thus, they act like fingerprints and help identify a diamond.
Clarity Chart for Diamond Bangles- All You Need to Know
Gemologists grade the diamonds based on the clarity chart. They are:
- FL & IF are known as flawless and internally flawless. Under 10x magnification, no internal inclusions are seen in diamonds with FL and IF clarity. But they may or may not contain blemishes.
- VVS1 & VVS2 are called very slightly included inclusions of grades 1 and 2. These diamonds have inclusions that are hard to find under 10x magnification. However, the difference between the two types is that VVS1 diamonds have visible inclusions in the bottom part of the diamond, whereas the VVS2 have them on the face-up side.
- VS1 & VS2 have very slightly included inclusions like crystals seen under 10x magnification. You have to watch closely to see these diamonds’ imperfections, so most of the diamond bangles Chennai are made with this clarity grade. VS1 is of a premium grade than VS2.
- SI1, SI2 & SI3 have slightly included inclusions clearly visible under magnification. SI1, SI2, and SI3 diamonds are low clarity grades.
- I1, I2 & I3 have inclusions included that are very obvious. You can see them even with the naked eye; these diamonds lack brilliance and have low transparency.
An Overview on How to Choose the Right Clarity for Diamond Bangles
Consider a few things to choose the right clarity for diamond bangles Chennai. As yourself the following questions:
- Are you looking out for stones without any inclusion? – If yes, you must be ready to pay a very high price.
- Can you tolerate small amounts of inclusions? – If yes, select FL, IF, or VVS grade high-quality diamonds. They appear near to perfect, and the cost works out expensive.
- Are you looking for budget-friendly diamond bangles? – If yes, choose VS grade stones that have a premium clarity and do not cost much. Most of the reputed jewellery outlets for diamond bangles Chennai use VS grade diamonds to offer products at the best price and attract more customers.
- Won’t you mind obvious inclusions? – If yes, opt for SI-grade diamonds; you can save a lot of money. But you have to check the location of the inclusion to ensure that they don’t look very obvious.
- Are you looking for stones with a higher carat weight but with a lower price? – If yes, choose either SI3 or I1 diamond stones.
Whatever diamond clarity you prefer, check the position of the inclusion in the stone. Ensure that it is not found near the side facets, as it will affect the overall appearance of the diamond stone.
Also Read: Ways to Ensure Your Diamond Bangles Continue to Bedazzle
It is easy to commit mistakes while investing in diamonds. The common mistake most people make is that they think a high clarity grade will be the right investment. But you should select the diamond stone which suits your requirements instead of opting for high-quality ones. There are a lot of lower-priced diamond stones with tiny flaws which are not visible to the naked eye. You can save a huge amount of money by choosing them. Thus, weigh your wants and needs and make a perfect choice. Browse the latest collection of trendy diamond jewellery from Khwaahish Diamond Jewellery. We have exclusively assigned staff to help you know more about the clarity of diamonds to help you pick the right one.